While supporting any and all well meaning people who want to help back pain, I find myself at odds with one recommendation of the forth coming “back in the office” campaign promoted by the Charity Back care (6th -12th October 2014)
Whilst i endorse most of the aims of this campaign
- Stand not Sit while you work
- Stretch your back at your desk at least every half hour
- Set your workstation just right
- Ergonomic furniture, a hype or a necessity?
- Use headsets and stop straining those neck muscles!
- Take regular breaks especially if you work long hours
- Employers guidelines
I think based on current research, that the “stretch your back ” suggestion, is probably best treated with caution