Well its Saturday, and day 2 out of this training block of 3 days.
Todays workout is 12 minutes of :
10 burpees, 5 dumbbell push press L, 5 dumbbell push press R
This is nastily crafted as yesterday you had the push up grind. Today you will really want to drive your hips on the push press and you’ll probably want more of a sprawl on the burpee.
Still, super compensation, aside, it was surprisingly yuk!
Todays Healthy Food Option
To add more variety to this blog, I’m inviting guests into share their favourite meals. First up is a Cajun chicken dish from Fresh Fitness foods.
Chicken – P: 27.83 | C: 0.73 | F: 3 | Kcal: 141.24
Broccoli – [ P: 2.52 | C: 3.2 | F: 2.42 | Kcal: 35.66
Rice – [ P: 2.8 | C: 26.5 | F: 0.75 | Kcal: 123.5 ]
Cajun Chicken Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts
- 15g cajun seasoning
- 5g honey
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Mix all of the ingredients together, making sure the chicken is completely coated.
- Place the chicken onto a tray, place the tray into the preheated oven.
- Cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked the whole way through leave to rest for 5-10 minutes then slice into thin 0.5cm slices.
Roasted Broccoli Ingredients
- 1 head broccoli
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- splash of olive oil
- Take the florets off the broccoli, slice the bottom off the stalk, cut into 1/4’s lengthwise then slice into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes.
- Mix all ingredients together then place onto a tray and cook in an oven for 15 minutes at 200c.
Zesty Rice Ingredients
- 100g white rice
- 300g water
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- small bunch of coriander sliced.
- Place the rice into a pan and pour over the water.
- Bring up to the boil, leave to boil for 2-3 minutes then cover the pan with a lid and turn off the heat.
- After 10 minutes, fluff up the rice with a fork and mix through the lime and coriander.
If you want to try Fresh Fitness Food go here https://www.freshfitnessfood.com/ then use the discounts GABDOU10 for 10% off and GABDOU for £50 off your first order.
Have a great weekend, stay active, eat healthily, see you tomorrow, and join the mailing list