One of the hardest things is making your day productive rather than being sucked into a fire storm of trivia and interruptions.
Whilst life makes it difficult to detail your plan every day, its probably as well to get some targets and tasks set the night before.
The Lee Harvey Method is worth considering. Its stupidly simple and basic
- At the end of today, write down the six most important things you need to do tomorrow. Nothing more. 6 only.
- Put those six items in order of their real importance.
- Tomorrow focus and finish the 1st task . Finish it.
- Then move on to the second task, finish it. Any tasks let, carry them forward till tomorrow
- Revisit this process every working day.