I see a lot of people in muscular pain and in particular those with tendonitis, tendinopathy or tendinosis (same thing, different words)
The reality is that there are lots of things you can do to ease pain and promote recovery or at the least , stop it getting worse .What I have noticed is that people who take an active role in their recovery , get better sooner.
Here are some questions for you
1) Have you gently moved the painful part . Years ago painful wrists and ankles were plastered up . Today, you need to get it moving . So , get it moving . Wiggle that toe. Cautiously circle your wrist .
2) Have you rubbed it ? Rubbing , massaging kneading sore muscles helps . Try it
3) Have you gently stretched it. It helps . A lot.
4) Heat and ice . Painful parts respond very well to ice ( in a plastic bag or a kool pack ) and heat ( normally by a wheat sack ) .
5) BLG: or basic lifestyle guidelines ! Are you eating well , do you get some sleep , are you avoiding alcohol are you moderating stress ? It all helps
6) Positive attitude . Recovery very much depends on your positive attitude . Get a positive attitude !